In earlier article “Rights and Duties of Member’s of Co-operative Society” we discussed about rights of members in cooperative society.
This article further details about members right related to inspection of books and records
Under Sec 33 of Gujarat Co operative society Act, every members of co operative society has a right to inspect below documents at society office during the office hours or any time as fixed by society.
- A Copy of The Gujarat Co-Operative Societies Act, 1961
- A Copy of The Gujarat Co-Operative Societies Rules, 1965
- Bye-Laws of the society
- Last Audited Annual Balance Sheet and Profit & Loss Account
- List of Members of the Committee
- Register of Members
- Minutes of General Meeting
- Those portions of the books and records in which member’s transactions with society have been recorded.
Related Rules in The Gujarat Co-Operative Societies Rules, 1965
- Members on a written request can ask for copy of the above documents on payment of fees decided by society.
- Copies so provided by society will be certified and signed by the Chairman, Vice-Chairman, Secretary or a member or any other person authorised by the bye-laws of the society.
Relevant clause from 97th Constitution Amendment
243-ZO. Right of a member to get information.-
(1) The Legislature of a State may, by law, provide for access to every member of a co-operative society to the books, information and accounts of the co-operative society kept in regular transaction of its business with such member.