As per Sec 37 of The Gujarat Co-operative Societies Rules-1965, every Housing / Service / Commercial society shall maintain following registers:
- A Register of Members (Including Person nominated) under Section 39
- A Register of Shares (Where capital is raised by Shares)
- A Personal Share Account Register (Where capital is raised by Shares)
- A Share Transfer Register (Where capital is raised by Shares)
- A Register of declaration made under Section 49 (Lien Register) *
- Cash Account
- General Ledger
- Member’s Loan Register (If applicable)
- Deposit Account (If applicable)
- Expense Account
- Bank Account
- Minute Book, recording the proceeding of General Meetings
- Minute Book, recording the proceeding of the Committee Meetings
- Such other accounts and books as may from time to time be specified by the Registrar.
* Section 49 of Gujarat Cooperative Society Act refers to charge on immovable property of members borrowing from certain societies. Sec 49 is not applicable to housing / service / commercial society. Many banks ask for creating charge on shares against Housing / Mortgage loan, thus it is advisable to keep a Lien Register.